St. Thomas won nine events -- seven of the eight men's races, one co-ed relay, and one women's relay -- at Friday's season-opening St. Thomas Relays at the Anderson Pool.
Carleton, St. Olaf, Hamline, St. Catherine, Macalester and Augsburg athletes joined the Tommies in the competition. No team scores were kept.
St. Thomas won:
- the 200 Mixed Medley Relay in 1:42.05 with Kirsten Nelson, Noah Faldet, Anna Astrup and Garrett Riley.
- the Women's 300 Backstroke Relay in 3:00.86 with Olivia Pham, Grace Potter, Erin Rudd and Kirsten Nelson.
- the Men's 800 Free Relay in 7:19.59 with Andrew Ackermann, Adam Boerner, Nate Stone and Jonathon Link.
- the Men's 300 Breaststroke Relay in 2:57.10 with Faldet, Will Goldman, Eric Bergeson and Logan Shafer.
- the Men's 300 Backstroke Rdlay in 2:40.28 with Carlo Mallari, Kam Loven, Sam Larson and John Gahnz.
- the Men's 400 Free Relay in 3:17.90 with Casey McGrath, Riley, Hunter Neilsen and Michael Foss.
- the Men's 4x100 IM Relay in 3:48.29 with Bergeson, Faldet, Lucas Manke and Shafer.
- the Men's 1100 Animal Relay in 11:40.51 with Stone, Link and Nate Ruegemer.
- the Men's 200 Free Relay in 1:31.52 with Luke Anderson, Jake Appino, Ian Boyles and Goldman.
The Tommie women also placed second in the 300 breaststroke relay and the 110 Animal Relay.